Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Location: Thornton, CO
|Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:57 pm Post subject: Art's Annual Mock
|1. Browns - Myles Garrett, Edge
This is starting to look like a lock.
2. 49ers - Leonard Fournette, RB
I think it's between Fournette and Adams here.
3. Bears - Jamal Adams, S
He can be that defensive QB they're looking for
4. Jaguars - Deshaun Watson, QB
There's about a week left to pick up Bortles' 5th year option. I assume they're waiting to see if they get their guy. Which in this case, they do with Deshaun.
*TRADE* 5. Browns - Mitchell Trubisky, QB
This has been the chatter.
6. Jets - Marshon Lattimore, CB
Between Lattimore and Howard here. It's hard to pass up a shutdown CB.
7. Chargers - Christian McCaffrey, RB
This isn't going to be a popular pick but a Rivers-led offensive has always been scary when he's had receiving back that can make plays.
8. Panthers - Soloman Thomas, Edge
Originally expected to go top 2, they can't pass on Thomas here.
9. Bengals - Jonathan Allen, DT
He was the #1 ranked player on a lot of boards before the underwear olympics.
10. Bills - OJ Howard, TE
Fits Rick Dennison's system to a T. Lots of bootlegs with TE action.
11. Saints - Haason Reddick, LB
I originally had Foster here but the buzz is Reddick will be the first LB off the board.
12. Titans - Malik Hooker, S
Trade back and still get a top 5 caliber player.
13. Cardinals - Patrick Mahomes, QB
Just listening to the buzz.
14. Eagles - John Ross, WR
This wouldn't be my preference but Philly has shown a disturbing amount of interest in this guy.
15. Colts - Garrett Bolles, OT
For the love of God, protect your franchise QB.
16. Ravens - Corey Davis, WR
Great prospect that fills a huge need.
17. Redskins - Reuben Foster, LB
They're willing to accept the risk to bolster their front 7.
18. Titans - Chidobie Awuzie, CB
The best slot CB on the board and fills a need.
19. Bucs - Derrick Barnett, Edge
Dalvin also came to mind here but the RB value is in the 2nd round.
20. Broncos - Cam Robinson, OG/OT
The O-line was abysmal last year. Cam should be able to start at G or RT immediately.
21. Lions - Takkarist McKinley, Edge
Gives Ziggy some help.
22. Dolphins - Malik McDowell, DT/DE
Miami needs someone to pair with Suh.
23. Giants - Ryan Ramczyk, OT
Eli's getting older and that window is barely open. They can be legit contenders but need to prevent Eli from getting planted.
24. Raiders - Zach Cunningham, LB
That LB corps is in desperate need of an upgrade.
25. Texans - Davis Webb, QB
Sorry Bill, Mahomes isn't going to fall for you. They debate between Webb and Kizer here but due to Kizer's "knuckleheadedness" they go with Webb.
26. Seattle - Tim Williams, Edge
He's Mayock's 2nd best pass-rusher and he gives them a legit threat opposite Michael Bennett.
27. Chiefs - Mike Williams, WR
I know Andy wants his QBOTF but it'll be hard to pass on a WR of Williams' caliber at 27.
28. Cowboys - Jabrill Peppers, S
I don't see any way they pass on Peppers if he's still on the board.
29. Packers - Marlon Humphrey, CB
Rest assured the staff still has flashbacks of Matt Ryan eating them up in the dome.
30. Steelers - Taco Charlton, Edge
I'm assuming Tomlin isn't going to rely on 39 year old James Harrison to be his most productive pass rusher.
31. Falcons - Charles Harris, Edge
You can't expect Vic to get all the pressures. Give that man some help.
32. Saints - Deshone Kizer, QB
Tons of potential. Maybe getting coached by Payton and sitting behind Brees can help him mature and reach his potential.
Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil