You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Schaub vs Eli Manning
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one?
Matt Schaub
41%
 41%  [ 37 ]
Eli Manning
58%
 58%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 90

Torres8518

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Matt Schaub vs Eli Manning Reply with quote

If you had to pick one QB who would you pick?
mission27

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll have to go with Manning. Schaub has put up nice numbers the past two seasons, but he's also been unable to stay on the field, and his TD/INT numbers haven't been so pretty. Schaub has only 24 starts, compared to 71 for Manning, and that's not even bringing up the playoffs. Plus, Schaub has Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, and Owen Daniels.

Manning, even though I like Schaub a lot.

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Brady's not going 92 yards....no way, no how.
#JDI
mozwanted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand why eli gets so much hate?

He is the same type of qb as big ben. Doesnt put up monster stat but will do enough to win games and in the clutch. Big ben was awful last season but played in the playoffs.

But everyone takes credit away from eli by saying giants are a good team in general. Where steelers are one of the most talented teams in nfl and big ben is still given credit.
mission27

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

He is the same type of qb as big ben. Doesnt put up monster stat but will do enough to win games and in the clutch. Big ben was awful last season but played in the playoffs.

But everyone takes credit away from eli by saying giants are a good team in general. Where steelers are one of the most talented teams in nfl and big ben is still given credit.

Ben didn't put up great stats last year, but check out 2007, and, to a lesser degree, 04 and 05. He has three years with a completion percentage higher than 61%, Eli has none. He has three years with a passer rating over 90, Eli has none. In 07, he had more TDs than Eli has ever had, as well as 11 INTs, which is Eli's career low.

Look at the career numbers:

Ben Roethlisberger: 62.4%, 7.9 YPA, 101 TD, 69 INT, 89.4 PR.
Eli Manning: 55.9%, 6.4 YPA, 98 TD, 74 INT, 76.1 PR.

Ben and Eli both didn't put up amazing numbers last season, but Ben certainly has done so in the past.

KingOfTheDot wrote:
#JDI
R3N3G4D3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli. I like Shaub, but Eli has a ring, and Shaub is injury prone. He's also throwing to one of the best WR in the game (but you could make a case that Eli is helped just as much by the Giants running game).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

Ben didn't put up great stats last year, but check out 2007, and, to a lesser degree, 04 and 05. He has three years with a completion percentage higher than 61%, Eli has none. He has three years with a passer rating over 90, Eli has none. In 07, he had more TDs than Eli has ever had, as well as 11 INTs, which is Eli's career low.

Look at the career numbers:

Ben Roethlisberger: 62.4%, 7.9 YPA, 101 TD, 69 INT, 89.4 PR.
Eli Manning: 55.9%, 6.4 YPA, 98 TD, 74 INT, 76.1 PR.

Ben and Eli both didn't put up amazing numbers last season, but Ben certainly has done so in the past.

I wouldnt look too much into big bens first two years. He only attempted 200 something pass attempts those two years.

Last 3 seasons is where he really became a qb and his pass attempts went up to 400+(like all qbs do). Last 3 seasons he has had one terrible season, one probowl season, and one average season. He hasnt showed me anything eli hasnt. He is just as inconstant.
mission27

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
I wouldnt look too much into big bens first two years. He only attempted 200 something pass attempts those two years.

Last 3 seasons is where he really became a qb and his pass attempts went up to 400+(like all qbs do). Last 3 seasons he has had one terrible season, one probowl season, and one average season. He hasnt showed me anything eli hasnt. He is just as inconstant.

Last three seasons:

Ben Roethlisberger - 61%, 7.43 YPA, 67 TDs, 49 INTs, 85.7 PR.
Eli Manning - 58%, 6.42 YPA, 68 TDs, 48 INTs, 78.9 PR.

So Manning and Ben are remarkably close from a TD/INT standpoint. But Ben really separates himself by completing more of his attempts, and his YPA is off the charts (his career YPA of 7.9 is seventh all time). This shows in his much better passer ratting.

So I think if you're looking at stats here, Ben does have a decent edge. His 08 wasn't great, but it was solid, and he had a fantastic 07. Plus, although he didn't throw the ball that much, he was pretty good his first two seasons, completing a high percentage of passes, and doing a good job in the vertical passing game with an 8.9 YPA his first two years. Really his only poor season was 2006, and at his best, he put up tremendously better numbers than Manning has ever come close to.

I agree, a lot of the people criticizing Manning tend to overrate Ben a bit, but looking at the completion percentage and YPA, there is reason to believe Ben is a much better QB atm.

KingOfTheDot wrote:
#JDI
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben is the more accurate passer but the end result in their careers has been the same. Their TD/INT ratio is nearly identical. Ben has had an elite statistical season but also had a horrible one. Eli just consistently puts up his 23-24 TD's. Both play in similar systems with tough defenses. But why are we even comparing Eli to Ben?

The fact that Eli isn't dominating this poll against Shaub truly shows the disdain for him on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eli Manning this shouldn't be that close.

Schaub hasn't done much to be in the same conversation as the other 3 Qb's.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning, pretty easy for me. I do think Schaub has a ton of potential, and I love him as a fantasy QB.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reissing87jets wrote:

The question is "Who would you take?"

What really has Eli done to cement such a landslide victory? Throw tons of interceptions? Get lucky with a play in the Super Bowl, which was lucky not to be intercepted? Have an amazing running game? Arguably the best D-line in the NFL? O yeah he's wayyy better than Schaub. Does the fact that Eli won a Superbowl make him better than any QB past or present that hasnt?

Maybe the numbers aren't there yet for Schaub, but I see no reason why someone wouldn't say based on ability they wouldn't pick him over Manning

Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
reissing87jets wrote:

What really has Eli done to cement such a landslide victory? Throw tons of interceptions? Get lucky with a play in the Super Bowl, which was lucky not to be intercepted? Have an amazing running game? Arguably the best D-line in the NFL? O yeah he's wayyy better than Schaub. Does the fact that Eli won a Superbowl make him better than any QB past or present that hasnt?

Maybe the numbers aren't there yet for Schaub, but I see no reason why someone wouldn't say based on ability they wouldn't pick him over Manning

What the heck has Schaub done? He threw 5 more TD's then picks last year. Eli threw 11 more TD's then picks. Schaub has what many consider the best wideout in the league to throw too. Burress even when healthy hardly ever made the top 10 in rankings. Sure the Giants have the better run game but the Texans aren't too shabby either. In fact the Giants only recorded 3 more rushing TD's then the Texans did last year.

Schaub has a ton of potential and I think he will be a darn good fantasy QB this season but predicting he will do well is just that prediction. Eli has already proven he can produce on the biggest stage.

The result of this poll just reiterates what we all already know about this forum. Wayyy to many people focus on statistics.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
reissing87jets wrote:

What the heck has Schaub done? He threw 5 more TD's then picks last year. Eli threw 11 more TD's then picks. Schaub has what many consider the best wideout in the league to throw too. Burress even when healthy hardly ever made the top 10 in rankings. Sure the Giants have the better run game but the Texans aren't too shabby either. In fact the Giants only recorded 3 more rushing TD's then the Texans did last year.

Schaub has a ton of potential and I think he will be a darn good fantasy QB this season but predicting he will do well is just that prediction. Eli has already proven he can produce on the biggest stage.

The result of this poll just reiterates what we all already know about this forum. Wayyy to many people focus on statistics.

Stats? What stats did I quote? I said he throws a load of interceptions, am I wrong. I was just arguing why, when the question is simple "Who would you take?". Not, who has won more. Or who has more numbers. Why should Eli Manning win so easily.

Surely the question, asks for a response based on talent and ability. I was merely stating facts and opinions in response to people who think Eli should walk this contest.

Do you honestly think he should walk it? Regardless of a rings. Who is the better QB from what you have seen? How has Eli Manning proved in his basic ability that this contest shouldn't even "be close"?

Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

Stats? What stats did I quote? I said he throws a load of interceptions, am I wrong. I was just arguing why, when the question is simple "Who would you take?". Not, who has won more. Or who has more numbers. Why should Eli Manning win so easily.

Schaub threw 10 INT's in 251 attempts
Eli threw 10 INT's in 289 attempts

Eli has thrown 20+ TD's in 4 straight seasons, Pro Bowl QB, Super Bowl MVP.

Schaub... umm 15 TD's... and that's it.

texans_uk wrote:

Do you honestly think he should walk it? Regardless of a rings. Who is the better QB from what you have seen? How has Eli Manning proved in his basic ability that this contest shouldn't even "be close"?

Umm yes.. this should be an absolute blowout in favor of Eli. It's a joke that this poll is even close. But Eli is the most hated man on this forum so it's not surprising in the least.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: